Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grace-Givers...My Saving Grace


I can’t rave enough about the people in my life that give me grace.

I’m talking practical, in-your-face grace that doesn’t blow a gasket when I can’t return their phone call in under five minutes…or five days (unless you don’t mind a call at 1 am)!  It’s the kind of grace that smiles and understands when I have to reschedule a night out because a little one has spiked a fever or my big guy has to work late at the office.  It’s the “no big deal” shrug they offer when LIFE happens and things don’t go according to plan.  

On the days that having two minutes alone in the bathroom listening to Jimmy Buffet on my MP3 player is the closest I have to a mid-day break, it’s a relief to have loved ones who cut me a little slack during this action-packed season.
As the ancient proverb goes, “We judge ourselves by our intentions but we judge others by their actions.”  If only all my intentions could be seen…the people I’m about to call when two rumbling mini-WWF fighters start up their “waa-ambulance”, the letters I start to write before they are interrupted by a baby demanding dinner or the cookies I bake for a friend that require a fire extinguisher to cool them as I was distracted by four wonderful but very needy little people.
So this blog is just a way I want to give a HUGE shout out to all those grace-givers in my life.  The friends and family that just know I truly love them, even if I don’t always get a chance to spend lots of time with them or call them everyday.  

So thanks to the grace-givers in my life.  The grace you give me humbles me.  You all are truly my saving grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!